Drain Cleaning Service
If you think your drains are damaged or clogged up, give us a call. We can come out to check them, and give you an estimate on any necessary repairs. Make an appointment on our website, or call us at (941) 322-1911.
Wimpy’s is here to help whenever there is a problem with your property’s drainage system. We won’t stop until the issue is resolved.
Why choose Wimpy’s for your Sarasota area Resources needs?
- Our employees are fully-trained & licensed technicians so you can trust we get the job done right.
- We’ll show up on time and work hard to get you the very best solution to your problem.
- We’ve been trusted in the community for 49 years!
Give us a call, we’re always happy to help!
If you want your drains to keep flowing well for a long time, there are some simple things you can do to help the work well.
- Keep hair out of the drains. If you shave, wipe them out of the sink. If you have long hair, brush it well right before you get in the shower. While a few hairs won’t harm a drain, they definitely build up over time and can cause significant clogs down the road.
- Use a mesh screen over your drains. They will catch any debris that tries to flow into your drain, so it can’t build up and cause clogging. Be sure to empty these screens into the trash regularly, so the screen itself isn’t inhibiting the flow of water down your drain.
- Don’t use your garbage disposal to grind up bones or especially fibrous items (like corn husks). These can damage the disposal itself, or let chunks through that will cause clogs later.
- Keep fats, oils, and grease out of your drains. These may be liquid when you pour them down, but they congeal as they cool. They can bind to your drain as they harden, narrowing it and trapping more debris. These can become major clogs.
“My Drains Smell Bad!”
Every so often, we get calls about drains that smell bad. If you smell something coming from your drains, there’s a chance that something serious and unhygienic is going on, and you should take care of it as soon as you can.
The most common cause of foul smelling drains is a problem with the p-trap. Every sink should have this bent pipe under it. The best-known function of a p-trap is to trap debris that gets flushed down your drain, so it doesn’t flow any farther into your pipes and cause a major clog. However, this pipe also traps water in the bend. This water keeps any noxious or bad-smelling gasses from flowing up and into your home. If this pipe runs dry, you will smell a foul odor.
Drain Vent System
Sometimes, a bad drain smell is caused by a malfunctioning or poorly designed drain vent system. There are always sewer gasses in your plumbing system; it’s just the way these things work. Your drain lines need to be able to vent these gasses so they don’t cause problems and odors. When the gasses can’t vent well, they can raise the pressure in your system, which can cause water flow problems as well as foul odors. When this gets bad enough, the gasses can push past or through any blockage, releasing themselves into your home.
Sewer Line Issues
A bad odor can be a sign of problems with the sewer line itself. It’s important to get these fixed as soon as possible, or you could be facing costly repairs later.
If you have issues with your drains, we’d be happy to examine your plumbing system and give you an estimate for fixing the problem. Contact Wimpy’s plumbing or make an appointment online!
Serving Sarasota Since 1973
- Siesta Key