How much to unstop my toilet, is a call that plumbers in the Sarasota/Bradenton area often get asked. Or, how much does it cost to snake out my drain?
This would seem like a reasonable question for one to ask. However, beware if someone quotes you a price over the phone to clear a stoppage, whether it be a low price or a price you might think is too high.
The best thing to do is to call a reputable Florida State Certified Plumbing Contractor and request a Master Plumber to come out and give you a free estimate on your particular stoppage.
Here is a list of things a Professional Master Plumber would ask you:
1) What other fixtures are affected?
2) Has this ever happened before?
3) How old is your house?
4) Do you know if you have cast iron waste lines or PVC lines?
5) Did you have any guests lately?
6) Are you on central sewer or a septic system?
7) Do you have to plunge your toilet often?
8) Did you change any medications? (This can affect your bowel movements)
9) Are you missing any of your kid’s toy cars or action figures? ( Kid’s love to watch them go round and round and disappear down the toilet) .
10) Are you missing any little bottles that you store on a shelf over the toilet?
11) Are you missing any tank or bowl deodorizers that used to be in or around the toilet
12) Are you missing the toilet paper roller?
13 ) Are you missing your cell phone? (Had it happen by a customer!)
14) How long have you lived in your home?
By asking these questions, plumbers can evaluate your stoppage stoppage issue and know how to proceed with clearing your stoppage.
Professional plumbers would rather solve your problem, so it doesn’t happen again. Others would rather just band aid the issue without finding out why your system stopped up.
Plumbing is something everyone takes for granted. Flush the toilet, walk away. When it backs up and overflows all over the floor, we all know that isn’t normal. There is always a reason that a stoppage occurs. No one wants it to happen again, especially the spouse who has to clean it up, because it causes a very unsanitary condition.
Wimpy’s Dependable Plumbing is your 24/7, family owned and operated Plumbing business, for forty years in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We offer free estimates and free second opinions. We want to solve your plumbing problems. We want you to Love Your Plumber!
Visit us on the web, www.loveyourplumber.com or call 941-322-1911.