What To Know About Slab Leaks in Sarasota
Is your basement or lower level flooding? Is there water seeping through the foundation of your basement, either on the inside of your home or on the outside? Do you find puddles of water around your yard that look like they may be coming from your home? If this sounds familiar and there’s no explanation for all this water, chances are good that you have a slab leak in Sarasota.
Many homeowners don’t even know what a slab leak is before they have to deal with one in their homes. These leaks can cause a lot of costly problems in your house. If you suspect that you may have a slab leak, especially if it’s a concrete slab leak, call your local plumbing company for slab leak detection in Sarasota fast!
What is a Slab Leak?
Most of the pipes that bring water to your home are actually embedded in your foundation. This is the cheapest, most effective way to handle all of the plumbing needs in your house. However, if one of these pipes breaks, bursts, or gets corroded, it means a massive leak under your home.
The vast majority of slab leaks occur in older homes with pipes that are made out of older materials or that haven’t been kept up well. These pipes corrode and, eventually, leaks like tiny pin holes were poked in their sides. All of these small leaks build-up, and when it’s too much for your home’s foundation it cracks and creates a big problem!
Older homes can also have concrete foundations that settle. If these move too much or if one part moves without the rest, it can put too much stress on your pipes and cause them to burst, hence a concrete slab leak. This usually creates a situation where you have a lot of water coming into your house very fast.
How to Know if You Have a Slab Leak
There are several things to watch out for if you think your home may be in danger of a concrete slab leak. Call us as soon as you notice these issues and we’ll help you get the problem taken care of before it becomes a lot bigger.
- Puddles on the floor. Do you have puddles that appear on your floor suddenly? Most of the time, these will get bigger and bigger but they can also appear, dry up, then come back. They’ll usually be located close to your plumbing, like in kitchens or bathrooms. You may also have puddles that appear outside and never go away.
- Warm floors. Water heats up concrete, so if you notice that your floors are consistently warmer than normal, you may have a slab leak.
- Low water pressure. The lines in your slab bring water to your house from the street. If they aren’t doing that, you’ll have lower water pressure inside.
- High water bills. If your water bill is going up and there’s no other explanation, consider looking into whether or not you have a slab leak.
- Odd sounds. If you can hear water running when there shouldn’t be water running, it very well may be water flowing in your foundation.
- Cracking floors. If your floors are cracking, it’s time to call in a pro. This can be a sign of a significant slab leak that has already done a good bit of damage.
Leak Detection Sarasota
The best case scenario for a slab leak involves finding the leak as early as possible. This limits the damage to your home and keeps it from becoming a sloshing wet mess. At Wimpy’s Plumbing & Air, we can send out an expert plumber for leak detection in Sarasota, FL.
Slab Leak Repair Sarasota
Call us at Wimpy’s Plumbing & Air for slab leak repair in Sarasota if you notice any of these signs, or if it’s just too late and you’re sloshing through your basement. We’ll have a master plumber come out for your slab leak repair in Sarasota and help you get the water back where it belongs, under your home! Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call today for leak detection and slab leak repair in Sarasota.