- Emergency Plumbing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Garbage Disposal Units
- Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling
- Sewage Pumps
- Backflow Prevention
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Hot Water Recirculating Systems
- Slab Leak Detection
- Water Leak Detection
- Septic Tanks
- Trenchless Technology
- Pumps and Tanks
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Commercial Plumbing
- Video Camera Pipe Inspection
Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
Home » Plumbing » Garbage Disposal Units
Garbage Disposal Units in Sarasota, FL by Wimpy's Dependable Plumbing
Think about how much time it would take to clean up in the kitchen without a working garbage disposal. You would have to make more frequent trips to take out the garbage. Every crumb that fell down the drain could put you at risk for a major drain clog. And you wouldn’t have the convenience of scraping your plate into the sink as you rinse.
A kitchen garbage disposal protects your drain and sewer pipes and makes cleanup much more efficient. If you need to replace a failing garbage disposal, repair a broken one, or install a new disposal in a sink that’s never had one, call our plumbers. Our friendly professionals offer quality garbage disposal installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance services to residents of Sarasota and the surrounding areas.
Call Wimpy's Dependable Plumbing today for garbage disposal services in the Sarasota, FL area, and love your plumber!
Maintaining Your Garbage Disposal Unit
After you have your garbage disposal unit installed by one of our plumbers, it’s important that you keep it properly maintained. Even the best sink disposals run into trouble eventually, but you can delay problems simply by paying attention to what you put in the drains. Here’s what you should avoid letting into your drains if you want to keep your plumbing system in good shape.
- Non–foods: Your garbage disposal simply wasn’t designed to process food wrappers, cigarette butts, paper products, or really anything you could chew with your own teeth. The blades aren’t sharp at all, as you may imagine, and they use force to break up foods, so a non–food item can only overwork your disposal unit and clog your drains.
- Hard food scraps: Hard food items like meat bones and seeds don’t belong in your drains either, and they can cause a lot of trouble for your disposal.
- Fibrous items: Stringy foods like celery and onion skins could wrap around the moving parts of the garbage disposal and jam the unit. Throw these in the garbage instead, or cut foods into very small pieces first.
- Large chunks of food: Putting large chunks of food into the disposal unit at once can overwork your garbage disposal, potentially forcing it into an early retirement. Break up food into small pieces to make it easier on the motor.
Repairing a Sink Garbage Disposal
You want your broken kitchen garbage disposal fixed fast. Can you fix it yourself? Ask yourself the following questions before calling your local plumbers.
- Is the garbage disposal unit plugged in?
- Do you need to reset a tripped circuit breaker?
- Have you tried pushing in the reset button underneath the sink?
If the issue is not electrical, and if pressing in the reset button does not solve the problem, it’s time to call a plumber in Sarasota. And Wimpy's Dependable Plumbing sends top quality plumbers to your home, no matter how small the issue. When you work with us, you can expect quality every time. Give us a call for garbage disposal installation, replacement, repair, or maintenance services in the Sarasota area, and find out why our customers love their plumbers!
Why Choose InSinkErator Products?
You may think that all garbage disposals are created equal, but this really isn’t the case. If you plan on getting a dependable, reliable performance from the garbage disposal in your home, then we recommend that you consider the use of an InSinkErator product. These disposals are famously simple to install, and they have been helping homeowners to keep their kitchens clean and convenient for over 70 years. It’s no wonder that InSinkErator garbage disposals are the best–selling brand worldwide.