- Emergency Plumbing
- Bathroom Plumbing
- Kitchen Plumbing
- Garbage Disposal Units
- Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling
- Sewage Pumps
- Backflow Prevention
- Automatic Shut-Off Valves
- Hot Water Recirculating Systems
- Slab Leak Detection
- Water Leak Detection
- Septic Tanks
- Trenchless Technology
- Pumps and Tanks
- Energy and Water Conservation
- Commercial Plumbing
- Video Camera Pipe Inspection
Drain and Sewer
Water Treatment Systems
Home » Water Treatment Systems » Halo 5 Water Conditioning
HALO 5 Water Conditioning Systems
There are numerous types of residential water filters, conditioners, and softeners on the market today, and that makes it confusing for a consumer who is looking to solve their home’s poor quality water problems. However, when you turn to plumbing experts, like the experienced plumbers at Wimpy's Plumbing & Air, you can count on receiving only the finest water treatment solution.
One treatment system that we strongly recommend is the HALO 5, a whole-house water filtration and conditioning system that will target most pollutants in water as well as remove odors and hardness. Call us in Sarasota today and we can explain in greater detail the advantages of choosing a HALO 5 for your home.
If you’re interested in a HALO 5 water conditioning system for your home in Sarasota, FL or the surrounding areas, call the a professional plumber in Sarasota at Wimpy's Plumbing & Air today!
What Is the HALO 5 Water Treatment System?
The name sounds a bit like a science–fiction device—but in way, that’s almost what it is. It’s a level of water treatment technology that goes far beyond what you receive from standard filters. This whole–house filter consists of a tank that runs water from the municipal system that enters your house through five stage of filtration:
- Stage 1 – Granular Activated Carbon: This carbon will remove pesticides, unpleasant odors, volatile organic compounds, fuels, heavy metals, and most of the particles that an effective filter will stop. But this is only the start for a Halo 5!
- Stage 2 – Centaur® High Activity Carbon: Helps remove chlorine to eliminate bad taste in water. Also balances pH levels.
- Stage 3 – Filter–AG Plus: A media with a large surface area that will remove particles down to 5 microns in size and take away "cloudiness" (turbidity) from the water.
- Stage 4 – High Density Garnet Filter Media: This granular filtration media targets to 10–20 micron range.
- Stage 5 – HALO ION Inline Water Conditioner: This technology alters the structure of positively and negatively charges ions of hard water minerals, helping to soften the water.
As you can see, the HALO 5 System will handle most of your water filtration, purification, and conditioning needs in a single installation. It also uses 30% less water during backwash compared to standard filtration tanks and is maintenance–free. The HALO 5 is eco–friendly and uses no chemicals in the process of filtering water.
Should I Have a HALO 5 System Installed?
With all the advantages a HALO 5 whole–house water filtration and conditioning system offers, it’s definitely something you should consider for your home. However, there are some situations where a HALO 5 is not ideal (they aren’t designed to filter well water, for example) and you need to discuss your options with a plumbing professional first. Our experts will make sure that the HALO 5 is matched to your plumbing and water heater so that you receive the work you need from it without any interference in the rest of your plumbing.
Wimpy's Plumbing & Air is proud to offer installation of HALO 5 water treatments systems for homes in the Sarasota, FL area. If you need repairs or replacements for your HALO 5, we are also here to help. Make us your first and only stop for all your water quality and plumbing needs. Our motto is "Quality doesn’t cost...it pays!"